CONDITIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Important information: please read carefully
A gas spring is not a security device
1- Dimension and pressure units
All dimensions are shown in millimetres (mm), all pressures/ forces in Newtons (N / F1) and all temperatures are in degrees Celsius (C°).
2- Installation conditions
The devices MUST be mounted with the rod facing downwards (with a minimum incline of 15°);
for horizontal installation or with rod-upwards, please contact us.
- The gas springs must not be under any lateral pressure.
- Warning: for devices with a welded clevis of between 0.5 and 1mm.
- In the event of particle release, be sure to protect the rod.
- If possible, avoid using the device at the maximum calibration.
- If the device is to be painted, protect the completely. Do not use solvents to clean the rod.
- The attachment points should be in line. There should be some margin allowed so that the rod is not put under lateral pressure.
- Avoid all impacts on the gas spring.
- Never take a gas spring apart: pressurised gas.
- Do not allow any point to get on the piston / rod as this may cause a gas leak.
3- Installation warnings
Protect the rod against impacts, electric arc flashes, grinding sparks, paint and corrosive products. Do not tighten the rods with pliers or in a clamp without using protective lead, aluminum or copper grips.
4- Conditions of use
Number of returns / minute: maximum 5. For a higher rate, please contact us.
- Endurance level: 30000 cycles. Loss of durability after cycles: maximum 15% (the endurance level varies according to the stroke length and calibration).
- Working temperature: from -30°C to +80°C (at maximum stroke).
- Recommended working temperature: +20°C output force variation due to temperature: 1% per 3°C.
5- Storage conditions before use
For a maximum duration of three months, the devices may be stored horizontally, in an ambient temperature.
For a longer storage time, or in a hot country, store them vertically, with the rod facing down.
1 year starting form the date marked on the device. Example of date marking: 1011 (10th week of 2011).
For the guarentee to remain, if the device is to be repainted the manufacturing date must remain visible.
Gas springs hold a pressure of between 20 and 250 bar, and so it is necessary to release the gas before disposal. For your safety, please adhere to the following procedure:
- Grip the tube lightly in a clamp
- Split the tube at right angles to the axis in an area of between 30 and 35mm from the base of the tube.
To carry this out:
It is essential to wear safety glasses.
Use a metal handsaw
Place a cloth over the blade.
As soon as a whistling sound is heard, stop sawing.
The gas removal will be complete when the rode can easily be moved by hand.
8- Tolerance margins
|Force in Newtons||Margin tolerance|
|50 < N < 250||+ or - 20 N|
|250 < N < 750||+ or - 30 N|
|750 < N||+ or - 40 N|